Almost everyone likes dogs, and almost everyone 16 to read about dogs. I have a friend. He has a big police dog with the name Jack. Police 17 are very clever. Every Sunday afternoon my friend takes Jack for a long walk in the park. Jack likes these long walks very much.
One Sunday afternoon a young man came to visit 18 friend. He stayed a long time. He talked and talked. Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for a walk. But the visitor still stayed. Jack became much worried. He walked around the room several times and then sat down in front of the visitor and looked 19 him. But the visitor paid no attention (注意)to Jack. He went on talking. At last Jack got angry. He 20 out of the room and came back a few minutes later. He sat down again in front of the visitor, but this time he took the visitor’s cap in his mouth.
16. A. at B. went C. dogs D. likes E. my
17. A. at B. went C. dogs D. likes E. my
18. A. at B. went C. dogs D. likes E. my
19. A. at B. went C. dogs D. likes E. my
20 A. at B. went C. dogs D. likes E. my
Thomas Edison was a 16 American inventor. When he was a child, he was always trying out new ways. His 17 loved him very much. They called him Tom. Young Tom was in school for only 18 months. At school he liked asking his teacher many questions. Most of the 19 were not about his lessons. His teacher thought he wasn't bright and told his mother to take him out of school.
Edison’s mother had to teach him 20 .Edison learnt very quickly. He read a lot. Later he became quite interested in science and invented many important things..
16. A. questions B. three C. famous D. herself E. parents
17. A. questions B. three C. famous D. herself E. parents
18. A. questions B. three C. famous D. herself E. parents
19. A. questions B. three C. famous D. herself E. parents
20 A. questions B. three C. famous D. herself E. parents
I was fifteen when I walked into McCarley’s Bookstore in Ashland. As I was looking at titles on the shelves, the man behind the counter, the shop owner , asked if I’d like a 16 . I needed to start saving for college, so I said yes. I worked after school and during summers for the lowest wages, and the job helped 17 my first year of college. I would work many other jobs: I made coffee in the Students’ Union during 18 , I was a waiter and even made maps for the US Forest Service. But 19 books was one of the most satisfying.
One day a woman asked me for books on cancer. She seemed nervous. I showed her almost 20 we had at that time in store and found other books we could order. She left the store less worried . I’ve always remembered the pride I felt in having helped her.
16. A. college B. pay C. job D. selling E. everything
17. A. college B. pay C. job D. selling E. everything
18 A. college B. pay C. job D. selling E. everything
19. A. college B. pay C. job D. selling E. everything
20. A. college B. pay C. job D. selling E. everything
One day, a young man asked Albert Einstein, the great German scientist, 16 the secret of success was. The scientist told him that the secret of success is hard work. A few days later, the young man asked him the 17 question again. Einstein was very disappointed . He did not say anything , but wrote a few 18 on a piece of paper and handed it to the young man. The young man looked at the piece of paper. On it was written: A=X+Y+Z." What 19 this mean?" asked the young man." A means success," answered the old scientist. "X means hard work, Y means good methods, and Z means 20 talking and start to work .
16. A. words B. what C. stop D. does E. same
17. A. words B. what C. stop D. does E. same
18. A. words B. what C. stop D. does E. same
19. A. words B. what C. stop D. does E. same
20. A. words B. what C. stop D. does E. same
what is the best way to learn a language, we should remember that we all learn our own language well when we were 16 .We learned to talk when we were about one year old. If we could learn the second 17 in the same way .we would not feel it so difficult. Think of what a small child does. It listens to what people say and tires to imitate(模仿)what it hears. When it wants something ,it has to ask for it. it is using the language, talking in it and thinking it all the time. if 18 had to use a second language all the time, they would learn is quickly.
We learn our own language by hearing people speak it, not by seeing what they write. we imitate what we hear. in 19 , though we learn to read and write as well as to hear and speak, it is best to learn all the new words through the 20 , then say them and you can read them, spell them and write them later.
16. A. people B. ear C. language D. children E. school
17. A. people B. ear C. language D. children E. school
18. A. people B. ear C. language D. children E. school
19. A. people B. ear C. language D. children E. school
20. A. people B. ear C. language D. children E. school
Before Christmas my parents __16__ shopping. They bought a lot of fresh food and drinks. My brother came back home from his college. He __17__ some gifts for us. I was busy writing and sending cards to friends.
On Christmas Eve, my parents spent a long time __18_ in the kitchen. My brother stayed with us. He __19__ us about his college and his studies. I got a Christmas tree and put some beautiful things on it.
In the evening, the whole family had a nice dinner. We all ate a lot of and __20__ happy.
16. A. told B. went C. felt D. brought E. cooking
17. A. told B. went C. felt D. brought E. cooking
18. A. told B. went C. felt D. brought E. cooking
19. A. told B. went C. felt D. brought E. cooking
20. A. told B. went C. felt D. brought E. cooking
Some people were eating and 16 in a coffee house. A young woman was sitting alone at a table. was wearing a beautiful diamond necklace. There was an ugly man at a table not far from her. He was 17 at her necklace all the time.
Suddenly the lights went out. The coffeehouse was in darkness. The woman started to shout. She was very frightened. A few minutes later the lights came 18 again. The woman was crying. Her necklace was missing!
The manager quickly closed all the doors. He telephoned the police. No one could get out of the coffee house. The policemen soon came. the police inspector told his men to search everyone. The necklace was not on anyone. They then searched the whole coffee house. The necklace couldn't be found.
The police inspector then looked 19 the faces of all the people in the coffee house. He saw the ugly man and looked at the man carefully. He went up to the man and picked up the bowl of soup that was on his table. He then poured the soup into a glass. The necklace fell out. The policemen caught hold of the man and took him away. The young woman was happy to get 20 her necklace.
16. A_|新农村房屋模型：on B|_-一汽自由风配件：drinking C--男儿当入樽粤语：back D||-英达锐香港入口网站：looking E--_赢彩专家计划：at
17. A-__至尊彩app苹果：on B--_青海明胶股吧：drinking C||_特种兵之火凤凰快播：back D_-|身份证实名认证：looking E_||蓝色冰晶瘦身霜：at
18. A--|运盛彩票App：on B_||dnf智能娃娃机怎么用：drinking C---深圳观澜田背花园：back D|_诛仙血炼值：looking E|_新能量电力商务网：at
19. A--雪梦洁：on B--_诺基亚序列号查询：drinking C_|芜湖地税局：back D|_诸葛智彩软件好用吗：looking E_-258竞彩网手机版：at
20. A__丧尸围城3 3dm：on B|_闲鱼网二手网官网：drinking C__f1视频直播：back D|开通gprs5元套餐：looking E|-众赢彩票娱乐平台：at
Mrs. Brown's grandfather lived with her and her husband. 16 morning he went for a walk in the park and came home at half past eleven for 17 .
But one morning a police car 18 outside Mrs. Brown's house at twelve o'clock, and two policemen helped the old man to go out. One of them said to Mrs. Brown "The poor old man 19 his way in the park and telephoned us for help, so we sent a car to bring him home." Mrs. Brown was very surprised, but she thanked the policemen and they left.
"But grandfather," she said. "You go to the park every day. How did you lose your way there?" The old man smiled, closed one eye and said, "I didn't quite lose my way. I became so 20 and I didn't want to walk home."
16. A-_宋老六：stopped B||_01彩票是什么：Usually C---长沙黄花机场到火车站：tired D_-赛尔号鱼龙王刷什么：lunch E||_极品公子混在校园：lost
17. A_-|同心圆软件：stopped B|||易彩压大小怎么玩：Usually C-仲博最新版官方下载：tired D--|淘宝开店认证：lunch E-|-亿彩官网：lost
18. A-_-深圳私募基金：stopped B|_-徐子淇八字：Usually C|_掌上娱乐下载：tired D_|1吨水多少立方米：lunch E-三棱锥性质：lost
19. A-__学生会述职报告：stopped B|-八马赛珍珠5800价格：Usually C--裤子尺寸换算：tired D-_祛疤整形医院：lunch E--2019最火现金棋牌官网：lost
20. A|-淘宝如何开店：stopped B-|-易旺彩票可以提现嘛：Usually C|_娱乐天地检点：tired D-_电视剧至爱亲朋：lunch E|01彩票是正规的吗?：lost
Fred likes fish very much. One day, he often buys some fish and takes it home. But when his wife sees the fish , she says to herself, “Good! I can ask my 16 to have it for lunch, and we can eat the 17 . They like fish very much.”
So when Fred comes home in the evening. The fish is not there, and his wife 18 says, “Oh, your cat eats the fish.” And she gives him some bread for his 19 . Fred gets angry. He takes the cat and his wife to the shop near his home and weighs the cat. Then he turn to his wife and says, “My fish weighs one kilo, and the cat weighs one kilo too. If my fish is here, you see, then 20 is my cat?”
16. A__赛罗奥特曼大电影：fish B||_注册送100彩金：supper C_-_97香港回归晚会：friends D||仇岗勇士：always E_印度新娘第四部：where
17. A|__盈发彩票app：fish B-_众购彩票网址是多少：supper C_|永久免费网游排行榜：friends D-_保定热线宽带测速：always E--铁纹：where
18. A___陆达生：fish B|_|移动有3g卡吗：supper C_|2019年九龙必中肖：friends D国培网：always E_--最新股评：where
19. A_||优惠活动彩票注册送28：fish B-_优彩彩票首页：supper C-_2009手机qq：friends D_芜湖文化馆：always E--_河南省中小学生参加校外培训情况：where
20. A_|-众乐彩票app下载：fish B|__芮娜森黑钻全效面膜：supper C|_佛说大乘无量寿经：friends D|第五号台风：always E--_科幻电影排行榜前十名：where
Mr. Jones bought a lot of things from a big shop last month, and then he thought that the shop had taken too __16__ money. He wanted to tell the shop __17__ that, so he telephoned the shop and wanted to speak to the Accounts Department.
"Who do you want to speak to in the Accounts Department?" the telephone operator asked.
"Anybody in the Accounts Department," Mr. Jones answered. He did not __18__ the names of any of the people there. He heard nothing for a few seconds, and then the operator said, "Hello, you wanted to speak to __19__ in the Accounts Department, didn't you?"
"Yes, that's right," Mr. Jones answered.
"Would you speak to Mr. Green?" the operator said.
"Yes, that'll be all right," Mr. Jones said, "I don't __20__ speaking to anyone in that department."
"I'm sorry," the operator answered, "but Mr. Green isn't in the office today."
16 A_银河赌博的网址：mind B-|_长号查短号：about C_178国际娱乐12：someone D-_腾讯老板和陈碧婷：much E|-盈彩网下载软件：know
17 A__黑色眼镜歌词：mind B_||重庆光明消防设备厂：about C_|陕西府谷县：someone D--钻石夜总会主持人：much E_-马岛战争电影：know
18 A___3g彩票开奖预测：mind B_|手机qq2009下载：about C|-_工作总结结尾：someone D-尊龙ag国际：much E-|365彩票是真的吗：know
19 A||-鲁阁初恋：mind B||违章动物mv什么意思：about C-|-张莜：someone D-|众博棋牌：much E|||七关枫花：know
20 A|金山区财政局：mind B|||234彩票安卓100：about C-|智彩网：someone D-|-肝病康复网：much E-||苯胺基丙酸：know